Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Teaser Tuesday - George, Nicholas and Wilhelm by Miranda Carter

It's the first Teaser Tuesday of 2017! Woohoo! Happy New Year everyone!

I'm starting the year with a non-fiction book - George, Nicholas and Wilhelm. It's the story of three royal cousins and how they (plus their grandmother, the Queen Victoria) ended up on the road to World War I. Talk about family conflict. It's not a very quotable book, but I am enjoying it.

My teaser:
"George's letters home were Eeyore-ishly self-pitying. "The amount one is expected and has to do is simply awful," he grumbled."  (page 247)

What about you? What are you reading for the new year?
How to participate in Teaser Tuesday: 
•Grab your current read 
• Open to a random page 
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! Everyone loves Teaser Tuesday.

8 comments :

  1. Great teasers. They give an insight into that character. My Teaser is from an ARC of I Hate Everyone, Except You by Clinton Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds intriguing. I hope you're enjoying it.


    Here's my teaser for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of this one. Hope you enjoy.

    Feel free to pop over and check out my Teaser

    Shubba @ Wee Shubba's World

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read books about Nicholas and Wilhelm before but not any about George. I think it would be fascinating finding out more about them and just how they ended up at war. Here's my intro/teaser for this week: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1ra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fascinating. I'm curious about these three men and what led to war.
    My Tuesday post features Letters From Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read your thoughts on this one. If you like it, I may have to give it a try. I love reading history, especially surrounding the World Wars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely enjoying it so far, though it is a bit "heavy" for the holidays :p

      Delete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^