Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Teaser Tuesday - The Three Body Problem by Liu Cixin

It's Tuesday, and I'm currently reading The Three Body Problem. Yup, that extremely famous Sci-Fi book. I placed a hold on it, and finally got it a few days ago.

I'm already kicking myself for not reading it earlier, though. There's just something about it that's really addictive (and I'm only halfway through the book!). I don't understand the physics concepts though - I was not good at physics back in secondary school :p

My teaser:
"Wang heard a violin playing something by Mozart. The playing wasn't very practiced, but there was a special charm to it, as though saying: I play for myself." 
Have you read The Three Body Problem? Did you like it? And what are you reading this week?
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jenn of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read 
  • Open to a random page 
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

6 comments :

  1. This sounds excellent. I hope you're enjoying it!


    Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't even heard of this one and I thought I was pretty up-to-date in science fiction. It sounds fascinating. My teaser this week comes from The Thing Is by Kathleen Gerard. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to read this one--I've heard so many good things about it.

    My teaser is from Genevieve Cogman's THE INVISIBLE LIBRARY:
    http://www.pagepilgrims.com/tuesday-teaser-may-17/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never taken to physics either. This book does sound good though. I hadn't heard of this one before. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The physics is completely flying over my head, but the story is good enough (for me) that I'm compelled to read on :D

      Delete
  5. I haven't heard of this one before. And now you've got me curious:)

    My TT from The Fireman

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^