Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Teaser Tuesday - The Road to Character by David Brooks

It's Tuesday aaaaand April. Where did March go? Where did my spring break go? (Oh wait, it went to the job hunting season).

Anyway, I'm currently reading The Road to Character by David Brooks and I'm totally loving it. It's like a collection of mini-biographies, with analysis of what we can learn from it.

My teaser:

A personality is a product of cultivation. The true self is what you have built from your nature, not just what your nature started out with.
So, what is your teaser today? And how did your March go?
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jenn of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read 
  • Open to a random page 
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

6 comments :

  1. My March was busy and my April will be even busier. Hope you are enjoying spring.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting read. This week it is an historical romance - Luck Is No Lady by Amy Sandas - on my adult blog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an interesting and thought provoking book. I like your teaser. I can see that being true. We are shaped by our experiences and our environments in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I thought this was a book for writers! However, it sounds like an interesting and informative book for anyone curious about human nature.
    My Tuesday post features a mystery thriller: THE SHADOW CARTEL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet this is one that would keep you reading. Sounds very interesting.

    My Teaser from The Drafter

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a profound statement! Environment definitely plays quite a role in our make-up! I hope that you enjoy this one. :)

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^