Monday, March 21, 2016

Reading Challenge: Once Upon A Time X


I was reading The Written World's blog, and found this challenge! Obviously, I have to sign up, right? It's about fairy tales and mythologies and I'll take every excuse to read more! This is apparently the tenth year the challenge has been held, so I suppose I'll be metaphorically slapping myself ten times for not knowing about it earlier.

This challenge is, (if I'm reading it right) from today till June 21st. It's hosted by Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings (THANK YOU SO MUCH). There are a bunch of quests (and a very low-pressure version, called The Journey) that you can sign up for, and I think I'll be signing up for two.


Read at least 5 books that fit somewhere within the Once Upon a Time categories. They might all be fantasy, or folklore, or fairy tales, or mythology…or your five books might be a combination from the four genres.

Read at least one book from each of the four categories. In this quest you will be reading 4 books total: one fantasy, one folklore, one fairy tale, and one mythology. This proves to be one of the more difficult quests each year merely because of the need to classify each read and determine which books fit into which category.
I'm really, really excited about this! Now to go and check out the NLB's ebook catalog and see what there is that I can borrow(:

2 comments :

  1. Hey! You're from Singapore! Right? I'm guessing because you said NLB. Anyway I'm also from Singapore, although I live in California. Hope you enjoy your first OUaT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooops, sorry! I just saw this, which shows my terrible comment checking. And so cool!! It's quite rare to meet another Singaporean book blogger(: I'm enjoying my first OUaT, and I hope you're enjoying the challenge too!

      Delete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^