Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Teaser Tuesday - This is Where it Ends by Marieke Nijkamp

Hey everyone! Time for another Teaser Tuesday! And can you believe it's the last week of January already? I thought 2016 just started!

Anyway, I'm currently reading This is Where It Ends, a novel about a school shooting. It's got very mixed reviews, so I'm actually quite curious as to what I'd think when I finish. But I just started (I'm at chapter 2), so I'm currently still in neutral.

My teaser:
"Principal Trenton may still live in the pre-digital era, but she's like a cyborg. She always speaks until ten sharp, leaving five minutes for announcements before the bell." 

What's your teaser this week?

I just came back from cooking class (where we learnt how to make Japanese-style Chinese food), so I'm beat. No long, rambly stuff today. But here's a picture of what I made :D


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read 
  • Open to a random page 
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

4 comments :

  1. I haven't heard of this book but the topic sure is in the news a lot and of concern to anyone who works in a school. My YA teaser this week comes from Assassin's Heart by Sarah Ahiers. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been curious about this one...with mixed feelings. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “A MAN CALLED OVE”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might like this one. Not "like" as in the subject matter, but "like" as in a way to understand more about how these events come about and their impact on ordinary young people. Here's my teaser: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-19e

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've thought about buying this book for a while now, but I've read very mixed reviews, so I'm a Little hesitant. Here's my teaser: http://www.confessionsofabookfreak.blogspot.se/2016/01/teaser-tuesday-endlessly-paranormalcy-3.html

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^