Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Teaser Tuesday - The Murder Room by Michael Capuzzo

Hey! How's everyone's week? I somehow got a free day today, and all plans were cancelled, so apart for a trip to the doctor's, I got to spend it studying.

...

yay?

Yay! (Because I really need to study. Test time coming up)

So this week, I'm reading The Murder Room. I got it on a whim when my friend came to visit (bookworm friends = places of interest include second hand bookstores), and decided to pick it up and read it at the doctor's. So far, I'm enjoying it.

My teaser:
"A sadness of the universal concept, not just feeling sad but a condition in which loneliness, mystery, and all the major universals seep into the bones. They often smile and whatever else, but they rarely if ever belly laugh." (page 228)
What is your teaser this week?



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read 
  • Open to a random page 
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

8 comments :

  1. Sounds like a good one. The cover blurb also caught my attention.

    My teaser (w/ a giveaway) is at Beth Fish Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cover blurb but I'm not too sure about the teaser. It might not be a style I could be comfortable with. My teaser this week is from Shards of Hope by Nalini Singh. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of murder mysteries.

    My TT is week is for one you read earlier this year: The Night Circus http://wp.me/pZnGI-o1

    ReplyDelete
  4. An unexpected free day! That sounds wonderful, even if studying isn't perhaps the ideal way to spend it. Good luck on your tests!

    I love your teaser. I would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover caught my attention, good teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd read this just because of the cover! Sounds great.

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/07/07/teaser-tuesdays-121-morrigans-shadow/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a deep teaser.

    mine: https://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2015/07/06/teaser-tuesday-stories-of-the-raksura-volume-2/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooh I think I need this! I've got an historical cozy this week that I'm very much enjoying http://wellreadpiratequeen.blogspot.com/2015/07/teaser-tuesday-18-anything-but-civil.html

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^