Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Teaser Tuesday - Mademoiselle by Rhonda K. Garelick

Hey everyone! It's the first Tuesday of NaNoWriMo! I mean, November. Anyway, I'm participating as a Rebel this year (resisting the urge to place a Ever After Video here), so my blog posts might taper off after a while. For this month at least.

But, I'm still reading, and right now, I'm working my way through a biography of Chanel. I don't actually own anything from the brand, but Coco Chanel is so fascinating that I can't help but pick up books about her.

My teaser:

"And so, instead of embossing her initials on her personal, household goods, Chanel figured out a grander plan: she would imprint her initials on the entire world. The double-C logo crystallizes the paradoxical brilliance at the heart of Chanel's empire: it granted prestige through uniformity, through mass identification with one idealized individual."

What are your teasers this week? And to all those doing NaNoWriMo, all the best!

10 comments :

  1. Coco Chanel was definitely a very intriguing woman. I might just have to go a little outside my own comfort zone and read her biography as well. That teaser is really nice, thanks for sharing.

    Here's my TT post for this week.

    Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting woman and teaser. I will check this out. Here's my teaser
    http://www.lovebitessilkties.co.uk/2014/11/teasertuesday-bookoftheweek-her-bear.html

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love biographies and I don't know much about Chanel -- Sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! It's long, but I'm really enjoying it so far!

      Delete
  4. Great cover! I don't really know much about Chanel, but this sounds like one I might enjoy. Thanks for sharing!
    Today I'm featuring Sing In The Morning, Cry At Night by Barbara J. Taylor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant wasn't she? I've watched a few biographies about her. Looking forward to your thoughts on this book.
    Here is my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/11/04/teaser-tuesdays-88-real-elves-an-emily-castle-mystery/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy reading biographies, especially when they're about successful women. This sounds like a good one.
    My Tuesday post features a mystery by Tony Hillerman: THE BLESSING WAY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw a made for tv movie of her once and found it very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She really does seem like one of those people who lived such a grand and fascinating life. The way she branded herself (from a marketing perspective) and then used that brand to sell her products seems almost unparalleled. What an incredible entrepreneur. Great teaser!

    Here are Mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The book sounds interesting. And good luck with NaNoWriMo! I'm trying to do it too.
    Meanwhile my Teasers this week are from Silent Murders by Mary Miley

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^