Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Missing Golden Ticket and Other Splendiferous Secrets by Roald Dahl

I thought I knew all about Charlie and the Chocolate factor. After all, I read it with my brother. But when I came home for a weekend visit (to the doctors), my little brother proudly showed me this book, which I've never heard about.

Did you guys know that Charlie and the Chocolate factory had a lot more nasty kids at first? And that there was an alternate ending? (No, I'm not telling you what it is). There's also a quiz to see if you're a true fan(;

Of course, this book isn't just about Charlie and the Chocolate factory. It's actually divided into twelve sections, one for each month of the year. Each month starts with Roald Dahl's description of that month, and then something extra. For example, a recipe, copies of Roald Dahl's report cards, his advice to writers, etc.

Personally, I loved this little book. It's like a little treat for fans of Roald Dahl. While it can't compare to the fun of reading a full story, there's enough to satisfy the ever hungry fan.

In addition, my turning-ten year old brother loved it too! In fact, he was the one who recommended it to me. So if you're looking for a book for a little child, you may want to give him/her this along with a full set of Roald Dahl's books (Note: The Witches may be too scary. I'm currently reading Danny Champion of the World with my brother [and he's loving it], although I'm not sure how I'm going to continue over skype), or perhaps just a few selected books, depending on age and the child's character.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^