Saturday, November 2, 2013

Long Reads #22

After so long! I'm back with another Long Reads post! It's book-themed and I hope you enjoy it!

'Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride': or WTF YAlitchat by April (Good Books & Wine)- This is really just a blogpost/rant, but it's awesome! I may be a small blogger without much influence, but I know there are blogs whose reviews can sell books. And as a reader that does buy book, bloggers do play a part - if it's a blogger I admire and that I've agreed with before, I tend to give more weight to their reviews. Even if it's a blogger with whom I differ (in terms of taste), their review matters too - sometimes, I'll like something someone else doesn't and vice versa.

Book Bloggers Are People, Too by Amanda Hocking - This is a response to the above post, and it's by an author that support book bloggers. If you weren't convinced by April, you should be convinced by an author right? She even tells you straight out that book bloggers do sell books.

Ten Questions on Jane Austen by John Mullan - You know, I think I read a book like this before. And after a bit of searching, I realised that I've reviewed the book from which this came before: What Matters In Jane Austen by John Mullan. So if you don't know about this book, you could read my review ^, read the article and then buy the book ;D

Diary: Fanfic by Katherine Arcement - I used to read a lot of fanfic. I still do actually, and contrary to the author's experience, not all of it is erotica. I remember reading one moving Teen Titans fanfic about Bulimia, and well, now I read those heart-warming (mafia)family fics for KHR. The article is an interesting look at the world of fanfiction - and it's something that I think does not get enough credit.

I actually have more book-related essays that I haven't read, but I think I'll save that for a later post.

If you need the links to any of these essays (none of them are behind a firewall), let me know!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^