Monday, September 9, 2013

Real Men Don't Text by Ruth and Michael Dean

Ok, I admit it, the title intrigued me. After all, just a few days before, I was telling my friend "real men say 'I love you'." Over text message (of course). So obviously this book was going to attract my attention.

The main message of this book is: if a guy is interested, he'll call you. Texting means he's not sincere. And under no circumstances will you ever text first. Yup, I think that's about it. The authors used their own experience and the stories of others to talk about the type of woman one should be.

What did I think of this book? Well, I don't quite know. Keep in mind that I've been single forever and am used to the fact, then this book becomes rather irrelevant to me doesn't it? Plus, I love messaging people! I tend to use messages as a way to deepen my friendships - and this is especially true after I moved to Japan. So I can't really take the authors stand and insist that all messages are not as sincere as phone calls.

So I guess my stand goes like this: the content matters more than the medium. I'm pretty sure phone calls can be insincere, and I'm sure there are messages that can be sincere. Sometimes, if the time difference is too great, the only way to keep in touch will be through messages.

In a nutshell, this is an interesting book, and I like the authors story of how they met. It's really sweet. I'm still trying to decide whether to take their advice :p

Disclaimer: I got a free copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for a free and honest review.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^