Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My Little Pony: Pony Tales Volume 1

Apologies for the later-than-usual post. Today's my Chinese birthday (and my dad's birthday) so we were celebrating. 

I saw a My Little Pony comic on NetGalley previously, read it, and assumed that was all. Now I find out that there's another comic! So of course I requested it!

This comic was a little different from the other one in that it was split into six different stories, with each story focusing on one pony. (On Wikipedia, this is called the micro-series comic book). Twilight's was about books (and friendship), Rainbow Dash about flying, Rarity about relaxing (and friendship), Fluttershy about art, Pinkie Pie about clowns, and Applejack about the Apple farm (and working together). If you want a more detailed synopsis, you can find it at the Wikipedia page

While I liked this comic, I thought the stories were too disparate. Yes, there was friendship in some of the stories, but only one pony is the star per story. That kind of goes against the "friendship is magic" part for me. I'd like to see all ponies playing a fairly active role in each story. 

Other than that, this comic was a really fun read. I think the stories stayed true to the pony's personalities, and they were all fairly interesting. If you're a fan of My Little Pony, you'll want to read this book.

Disclaimer: I got a free copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for a free and honest review.

I love this image :D 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^